FINS Swim Team
FINS Pre-Squad was formed in early 2017 when former FINS Head Coach of 2 years, Julian saw the potential in his graduating group of students from the FINS Swim School Learn to Swim Programme. Pre-Squad started with a humble cohort of 3 students at SAFRA Yishun. Today, FINS Swim Team (made up of Squad and Pre-Squad) has a total of 24 swimmers spread across SAFRA Yishun, Toa Payoh and Mount Faber. In 2019, Julian stepped down as Head Coach and took on the role of Senior Technical Coach with FINS Swim Team.
Under Julian’s guidance FINS Swim Team has reached various milestones, including FINS getting SSPA certification, clinching medals at swim meets organised by ActiveSG, North-East Zone, Madwave challenge and other age-group category competitions. The Swim Team Boys & Girls are constantly challenged to push through their comfort zones to develop the mental strength and physical stamina to achieve excellence in competitive swimming.
FINS Swim Team students embody confidence, discipline and team spirit under Julian’s care and guidance. He practices and hones “Positive Coaching” - a structured way of teaching and correcting students - Julian believes in growing and having fun together as a team as students go home smiling and looks forward to the next lesson!
FINS Swim Team Programme is available at:
SAFRA Toa Payoh
SAFRA Mount Faber
Coach Julian’s Certifications and Accreditations
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) Magna Cum Laude by University of Buffalo, The State University of New York
- National Registry of Coaches (NROC) by Singapore Sports Council
- SwimSafer Instructor by Singapore Sports Council
- Swimming Instructor (Theory) by Singapore Sports Council
- Swimming Instructor (Technical) by Singapore Swimming Association
- Standard First Aid by Singapore Red Cross Society
- Lifesaving 1,2,3 by Singapore Lifesaving Society
- Bronze Medallion by Singapore Lifesaving Society