FINS Pre-Squad was formed in early 2017 when former FINS Head Coach of 2 years, Julian saw the potential in his graduating group of students from the FINS Swim School Programme. Pre-Squad started with a humble cohort of 3 students at SAFRA Yishun. Today, the Pre-Squad programme has grown into a full class size of 15, with future plans of more classes at SAFRA Toa Payoh and Mount Faber. In 2019, Julian stepped down as Head Coach and will continue as Senior Technical Coach with FINS Pre-Squad.
Under Julian’s guidance FINS Pre-Squad has reached various milestones, including FINS getting SSPA certification, clinching medals at swim meets organised by ActiveSG, North-East Zone, Madwave challenge and other age-group category competitions. The squad boys are constantly challenged to push through their comfort zones to develop the mental strength and physical stamina to achieve excellence in competitive swimming.
Pre-Squad students embody confidence, discipline and team spirit under Julian’s care and guidance. He practices and hones “Positive Coaching” - a structured way of teaching and correcting students - Julian believes in growing and having fun together as a team as students go home smiling and looks forward to the next lesson!
Coach Julian’s Certifications and Accreditations
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) Magna Cum Laude by University of Buffalo, The State University of New York
- National Registry of Coaches (NROC) by Singapore Sports Council
- SwimSafer Instructor by Singapore Sports Council
- Swimming Instructor (Theory) by Singapore Sports Council
- Swimming Instructor (Technical) by Singapore Swimming Association
- Standard First Aid by Singapore Red Cross Society
- Lifesaving 1,2,3 by Singapore Lifesaving Society
- Bronze Medallion by Singapore Lifesaving Society