SAFRA DBS Credit / Debit Card
APPLICATION FOR SAFRA DBS CREDIT/DEBIT CARD
1. What is this new SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card about?
This is a new SAFRA multi-functional card issued jointly with DBS. SAFRA members will now be able to get the convenience of multiple functionalities such as ATM, Credit/ Debit, NETS or and contactless payment features of CEPAS (NETS Flashpay) and MasterCard® Contactless. However, SAFRA members are still welcomed to apply for the new Membership card.
2. When will the card be available?
SAFRA will be contacting members via post from early Mar 2014. Members will be given a choice to apply for the SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit card or the SAFRA Membership card. Members can expect to receive their new cards from 1st April 2014 onwards.
3. Who can apply for the SAFRA DBS Credit/ Debit Card?
All SAFRA Principal, Associates, Veteran and Life members can apply if they meet the income requirement (for credit card) or have a relevant DBS Current/Savings account or POSB Savings account (for debit card).
For Dependant members, please refer to question 4.
4. If I convert to the SAFRA DBS Credit/ Debit Card, will my Dependant members receive the SAFRA DBS Credit/ Debit Card as well?
Dependant members will continue to hold the Membership Card unless they convert as well.
Female Spouse or Child Dependant (above the age of 18) can apply for the supplementary SAFRA DBS Credit Card or Debit Card if the Principal member’s application for the SAFRA DBS Credit card is approved.
Female Spouse or Child Dependant (above the age of 16) can apply for the SAFRA DBS Debit Card only if the Principal member’s application for the SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit card is approved. The Dependant member will require a DBS Current/Savings account or POSB Savings account.
5. What is the Income Requirement for the Credit Card?
Minimum of 30k per annum.
6. Will there be additional fees like annual fees for the SAFRA DBS Credit/ Debit Card?
There are absolutely no additional annual fees for the SAFRA DBS Credit/ Debit Card. SAFRA members will only be required to continue paying for their SAFRA membership fees. However, do note that as this is a Credit/ Debit Card issued by DBS, members are to comply with MAS ruling and still liable for any finance charges incurred.
7. I still have X years of membership left, can I apply for the SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit?
Yes! Members who wish to convert from the Membership Card to the SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card can do so for no additional cost. Application for the Credit/Debit card is subject to DBS’s approval.
8. How long do I have to wait to receive the SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card?
Members should expect to receive their SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit card within 3 weeks. Waiting time depends on whether DBS is able to contact them or if they are required to give DBS any financial documents.
9. I have not received my SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit card yet. What should I do?
Step 1: Check with SAFRA if the SAFRA membership has been approved. Please call 1800 377 9800 or email to email@example.com.
Step 2a: Membership is approved: Members to check with DBS on the approval for the credit/debit card. Please call 1800 111 1111.
Step 2b: Membership not approved: SAFRA will be contacting you as to why the membership was not approved.
10. I received my SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit Card but have not yet received my gift collection letter. What should I do?
The SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit card is issued by DBS while the gift collection letter is issued by SAFRA.
Therefore, they may be a difference of 1 week between receiving each item.
To enquire on the gift collection letter, you may call 1800 377 9800.
11. My husband and I share a joint DBS/POSB account. Can I use that for the SAFRA DBS debit card?
Both parties can apply for the SAFRA DBS Debit card using the same joint account.
12. What documents is required for applying the SAFRA DBS Credit card/ SAFRA membership card?
For SAFRA Membership (Only for New SAFRA Members)
- NS booklet, SAF SmartCard or Certificate of Conduct for Ordinary (A) Membership (for Operationally-Ready SAF NSmen and Full-time National Servicemen)
- 11B or payslip for Associate Membership ( for SAF Regulars and Defence Executive Officers)
- Marriage certificate and/or birth certificate (for Dependant memberships)
For SAFRA DBS Credit/Debit card
- The relevant documents required for SAFRA Membership.
- Income documents [For Credit card]
- An existing DBS Current/Savings account or POSB Savings account [For debit card]